Saturday, January 14, 2012

[More] Things I've Made

This was (one of) my nephew, Teddy's, Christmas presents this year.
Here they are a bit closer up:

The necktie. A must-have in every baby's closet! I wish I'd made it a bolder color. I have a red paisley fabric that would have done nicely. Ah well, you live and learn!
Far and away my favorite, the dino:
The dog. Kind of creepy with the eyes, but I literally could not find sew-on eyes any smaller. I even searched online, eBay and everything! I figured the glue-on eyes are not smart for babies, in case they fall off. You know, choking hazard and all. Oh, and I made the dog black because Teddy's real-life dog is black. :)
And the obligatory-yet-awesome monogram. I chose the colors because I thought his mom would like them. :)
Sometimes people tell me I should sell these things on Etsy. You know, I'd love to - I just worry that I would lose the enjoyment of it, if I had to make things 'to order.' When I make gifts for people I know and love, I do it on my own time and I like doing it. Not sure if I'd like doing it for strangers. That said, this is my plug/offer: if you want me to make one (or many!) for your child(ren), just ask. I would LOVE to make them for you!!

And here is the blackberry pie I made for Thanksgiving. It wasn't too exciting. I mean, it was good enough, if you like pie, but I really don't. My mother-in-law ate one piece, I assume to be polite :), and I had the rest all to myself. Which means I ate one piece on Thanksgiving day, another piece a few days later, and then guiltily threw the rest out! Sigh.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Those onesies are so cute! You are quite talented. If this baby is a boy you can definitely make him a tie one!

pen said...

Fabulous. And I know what you mean about selling. Good in theory but ultimately more fulfilling for everyone in sticking with personal gifts. And I adore etsy as a shopper, but the amount of effort/marketing to get noticed as a seller...bleh.

Beth said...

Yes, Pen, YES, you get it! I love Etsy as a shopper, too; there are SO many awesome things for sale! And I love the idea of it: the handmade, the small business, the personal touch, etc. But so much effort.

....and then there's the flip side, what if you DO get noticed? What if you suddenly have 99 orders for monogrammed onesies? Boom. Not fun.

:)

Laurel said...

LOVE the necktie onesie! You have inspired me . . . now to get my sewing machine fixed . . .